The maintenance technician will work closely with operational and management personnel to ensure all production equipment is kept in good condition and able to meet the company’s production needs. This position is required to be on-call at times for various service needs.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Analyze machine downtime to identify and correct mechanical problems
Preferred Job Skills
- Basic knowledge of maintenance functions required for extrusion, digital printing, CNC cutting equipment, factory systems such as hoists, dock lifts, fork trucks, and packaging equipment.
- Strong experiences with basic maintenance tools such as drill, saws-all, grinder, cutting torch, lube pump, skill saw, jig saw, and Dremel.
- Working knowledge of machine equipment such as belt sander, miter saw, drill press, vice, and band saw.
- Experienced with welding methods and working with equipment made of iron, plus soldering copper, or other soft metals.
- Have experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Identify safe materials of construction based on system pressures, install components, can follow engineering schematics and trouble shoot.
- Ability to work independently and trouble shoot problems as they arise.
- Familiar with state and federal OSHA regulations.
- Must have good time management and organizational skills
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required, post-secondary courses in related disciplines preferred
- 1-3 Years of experience in maintenance position desirable, but not required
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.